KAYDEE IS A SALEM, OREGON BASED ARCHITECT, A MAKER, AN ANIMAL LOVER, WORLD TRAVELER, A DREAMER AND A PLANNER. 

Down to the Wire

My deadline to get the house cleaned up was before my roommate returns tomorrow night from her 6 weeks of travel. 6 weeks sounded like plenty of time to tackle this job until I looked realistically at my calendar and available time. I tried decluttering on weeknights but it's just too mentally exhausting for me to handle after work so that left weekends. 

On May 4th I sketched up how much time I had left... 7 full days was all I had over the next 5 weeks to tackle this huge project. 

I wish I took better before pics, I have a few progress photos, and I feel like I got 80% of the way there and the remaining 20% (the shed) is going to have to wait until I get home from my trip, but I am incredibly proud of the progress I have made and that it continually got better over these past few weeks. I did a lot of mindset work with this. See, I have decluttered before, mass cleaning and getting rid of things that didn't bring me joy (in that moment, but I later regretted getting rid of some things). I have done a major clean, rearrange all the furniture in order to make it look all tidy... but it didn't last. Fingers crossed that it will last this time.. I believe it will because I have been studying decluttering in the moments that I haven't been doing the decluttering. 

 

I went back through all my photos since ~2015 and I found several that show me just how far I have come, I'll have to do those as another post since I'm getting tired and I just want to post this for my own accountability before I can hit the hay!

These are all panoramas I just took tonight, I am so pleased with how things are turning out, I want to redline these images with all the things I still want to get done, but they will have to do for now! 

 

 

 

I don't want a Tesla

Speed Bumps + Willpower Bucket